Saving for Retirement
Planning for retirement is a challenge for everyone. The best time to start saving for retirement is when you are young and get your first job that supports you. It’s the habit of saving that is important, even if the money you put away is only a small amount. Thanks to the magic of compound interest, starting to save early will put you leagues ahead of those who start late. But, no matter your age, it is never too late to start.
For more information on planning for financial security in retirement, visit extension’s site using the links below:
- Financial Security: Retirement Planning
- Ballpark Estimator – A tool that brings together expected Social Security income and other retirement benefits to estimate additional needed savings
- Making the most of your retirement plan – Are you getting the full benefit of your employer’s retirement plan? Read this fact sheet.
- Saving for retirement outside of work – There are financial products that can help you to save for retirement.
- Planning for a Secure Retirement Course: A detailed on-line course that you can work through at your own pace.